When was the last time your entire board of directors and members of your staff came together to talk about the heart of what you do and the impact you would like to make in the future?
Annual board retreats hold the potential to transform an organization! Board retreats build community within your organization, provide a safe space to bring up concerns and think outside the box, and empower the people who not only guide and oversee the agency day-to-day, but also lead it to its future successes. A facilitator can bring objectivity and clarity, create customized agendas to accomplish a lot in a single day, and guide workshops and group conversations in developing insights and capacity within an organization.
GGS Consulting services supporting organization capacity development include:
- Board Retreats: preliminary organization assessments, concept development for retreat session & on-site meeting facilitation
- Customized strategic planning sessions and workshop trainings
- Post-retreat summary: outlined workshop results and recommendations unique to your organization
- Organization and program development strategies and structures for founding or re-structuring boards of directors
- KANBAN and KAIZEN workshops: knowledge work development; principles and practices to define work values and implementation processes; and visualization, systems and retrospectives to optimize flow towards project completion
©Genevieve Getman-Sowa 2011-2020
Photography by Genevieve Getman-Sowa | All rights reserved